12 Simple DIY ideas to
spruce up your curb appeal
- Start with a good cleaning!
- Are your shrubs and or trees overgrown? You may need to trim shrubs or raise the canopy of your trees.
- Make sure your paint is in good condition.
- Highlight your front door and shutters with a pop of complementary color.
- Add outdoor lighting to create highly dramatic nightscapes!
- Make sure your lawn is an attraction, no weeds, with a nice stand of grass. In Tennessee it’s ideal to sow grass seed in the fall.
- Freshen up your landscaping, add flowers for color!
- How does your roof look? Is it tired? It may be time to replace.
- Make sure your yard, sidewalk and walkways are clear of debris.
- Is your mailbox in good condition?
- Does your doors hardware look attractive?
- How does your HVAC unit(s) sound? Will it scare off a buyer?
Remember, buyers want “move-in ready” and they are willing to pay for it! They do not want to inherit someone else’s problems.